09-05-2014, 07:54 AM   #21
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3 View Post
Now that I've had the car for a week as my daily driver... My suspicion and instinct were correct. The Comp Pack prob would have been a bit too harsh for my personal preference for a daily driver.

While I would have appreciated the reduced wheel gap, which the front needs BADLY!... I believe the firmer ride would have put it just over the edge for me.

As it is, I prefer to keep it on the 'Comfort' suspension setting for most of my daily driving. And even that can be a bit rough when on some of these shitty Northeast roads. Then, when I know I'm going to push it, I use the firmer settings via the M buttons.

For me, the ride (in all the levels) is JUST RIGHT. A bit more firm...too much. A bit more soft...not enough. So the bottom line...VERY pleased with the vehicle and the way i configured it.

I must say, after my car went into production and reading the reviews and debates on Std vs CP... I was a bit worried. And I could see if I was going to push the car to it's limits more often, I'd want the CP. But for a true DD, it's perfect for me. Perfect balance of luxury and sport.

My suggestion to anyone who def wants a semi-soft ride, try to test drive both the standard and the CP car and make the right choice for you.

Happy motoring!
Yes, I always drove mine in comfort anyway. I will continue to especially now that I have the 911 because that car is tight and low. It's feel is very close to the ground and it feels very light. The M5 cannot get that with a few suspension changes and most certainly doesn't with the sport setting offered. The car rides high and is heavy. It's not a sports car, it's a fast luxury car. I guess you can drive it as a sport car and mod it that way but it isn't one. Now if I get in the M5 after driving the Cayenne, the M5 feels low and light by comparison. So it's a matter of perspective. If you want to feel like you are in a sports car then drive the wife's SUV for a while then get back in the M5, cheap way to solve the problem without expensive mods.

The biggest issue for me is that I like the 911 so much I am not driving the M5.
Appreciate 0