View Single Post
      01-08-2013, 04:56 AM   #32
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

New M5 is just disgusting. It should just have been called M550i. It has nothing of an M car. Sound is not important? It is. The MP4-12C lost all comparisions against the 458 Italia just because of its sound, nothings else. That is maybe undestandable why Ferrari is not close to bringing back turbo engines, until they "fix" the issue, which seams they have done quite well with the new Maserati Quattroporte and its 3.8l TT V8.

M5 lacks agressivity and sportiness. No it is not slow, but it is no M car. It is not bad but no M car, why it should just be called M550i. It will never sound like the previous, and it looks like BMW did not even do any effort to make it sound better. Are they lacking sound engineers? Yes I think. Even for the audio system. Audi has B&O even in the A3 now.

Hamann before:

M5=F1:

S63<------------------------------------------------------<S85

Quote:
Originally Posted by peasouped View Post
It sounds different due to the turbos. Turbos act like a baffle. If you listen to a 4.4L non turbo they sound much more like a V8. The thing I like about the new motor is the fact its not just a v8 but a high revving v8 and theres a little bit less weight on the front end.
7.250 RPM is not high-revving, even for a turbocharged engine. JDM WRX STIs have 8.000 RPM redline, MP4-12C has 8.500 RPM redline. The new Ferrari/Maserati TT V8 has revs higher than the M5.

Then, the TT V8 of the M5 F10 is not lighter than the NA V10 of the M5 E60. The M3 F80's TT I6 will also not be lighter than the M3 E9X's NA V8.
Appreciate 0