BruceJ
6 of Diamonds (ret)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarron View Post
Thanks for the reply.
If anything I have the most fucked up family situation my father is 83 and has a girlfriend younger than I am, her family realized that was always very inviting with me, and her parents told me yesterday no matter happens with her that things are no different with them and I am always welcome over.
That was def one of the the things I liked/still like about my wife - her parents. She turned out the same way as her mom. Shes a nester, supporter,got a few flaws but always listens and is willing to compromise. That's the word they should use to rename marriage. It's what it takes to make things work for both of you.

So a little patience might be the way to go here. So maybe a brief letter of apology for letting your temper get the best you, then leave it sit. When I write under duress I always follow 2 basic rules. First write it, let it sit a day, then read it to make sure Im not being offensive, I get to the point and I make it short so hopefully it helps to get what I'm really after. If all I want to do is share the pain - I could call, or face to face, most of the time that gets heated and is counter-productive. Then maybe a slow non-intrusive campaign to let her know you care. If that doesn't work - round peg, square hole. Whole point being, you have more time than you may think and not everything works out - dont let it kick your butt.

You already know the man up thing is called that cause it sucks to act like nothings wrong when it is. There are a lot of suck ass situations that dont ease off quick. Make them work for you instead of letting them hammer you. Only thing you can do is try to act with grace under fire. I dont always do this well but when I'm out of sorts I try to stop, listen, deep breaths, then force myself to plan out what to do with my time and stay busy. I try to take that energy and do something with it. Things get better as life moves fwd.

Good luck to you
2011 E93 335is - current fav
Appreciate 0