Thread: M5 Key Holder
View Single Post
      07-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #30
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

@Dr._Who

Let's get something straight, because you seem to be very confused about me/my car, or don't understand what you are trying to explain to others.

I own an individual M5.. which happens to be loaded with special order equipment (not just the usual paint or usual paint/interior). While an Individual M5 that is loaded with SOE is not too common, it's available to any and all through your local dealer (some dealers are more knowledgable than others). This is a process. You must have patience as your requests need to go up the ladder and be approved.

You also seem to not understand how I order my cars.. I have already mentioned this.. I do not go through the usual and proper channels. What I do is communicate directly with M and Individual. Once I am done, I connect the people I know at Individual with my local dealer and they send my Sales Rep all the pricing he needs to complete the deal at the dealer end. Then I wait for, and take delivery of my car.

I have had a very long and steady relationship with the people at Individual.. some of which I have met in person and have known for many years.
In the last three years, I have ordered and taken delivery of four Individual M5's.
So, as one can imagine, I order my cars a bit differently than normal procedure. All this means is I don't have contact information to post on the forums. If you want an Individual M5, inquire at your local dealer.. It's that simple, there is nothing special or secret to it.

When I say "design phase" I am referring to six months of my time.. time spent going back and forth with M and Individual designing my car. All over my office I have leather samples, alcantara samples, yarn, stitching graphs, renderings, and a lot of photos I took of a standard M5 with notes written all over them.

While one could say that the design phase I went through is a bit unique (especially for a US customer), the car it's self is just an Individual M5, with a ton of special order equipment... which anyone can custom order.

My Individual M5 is not some special secret and I don't represent it as such.. nor am I holding out on anyone. Hopefully this clears things up. Thinking that my car is a secret and I am holding back is just ridiculous.