View Single Post
      09-04-2014, 02:03 PM   #25
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
BMW's have proven to be under rated. It would have been best to get a pre install dyno and then post install dyno on the same dyno to see the gain. Dynos can read all over the place so it hard just judging by the post dyno.

I have a S1 pkg M5 and took a pre dyno @ 605 HP/580 tq I need to do a post dyno after the s1 install but my shops dyno is awaiting parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye59 View Post
Guys,

Had Dinan Stage 1 installed at a BMW dealership in the Dallas area yesterday. Took it out last night for a 'first impression'. Biggest difference for me, so far, is torque in the mid-range. Did an 'MDM and Mash It' from a standstill. The tires spun through first gear, but not badly. Second gear hit with a bang, followed immediately by a rapid fishtail to the left. (Fun, but it got my heart going...) It 'feels' faster, but it was already fast, so to be sure I'm going to Alamo in Arlington for a dyno run tomorrow. It's a Dynojet, and I know there are differing opinions regarding the accuracy of the various dynos, but it's available tomorrow and I want it done before the 3 day 'money back guarantee' from Dinan expires. I don't have a 'baseline', but I've seen stock M5 dynojet results elsewhere. I'll also head for the dragstrip tomorrow night. I was there two weeks ago in very similar weather conditions, so apples to apples comps should be possible. I'm most interested in trap speeds, since I run stock tires and am traction limited off the line. I'll post the results of both events. One question for the group: Is there such a thing as a 'Dyno Mode' on an F10? The dyno operator said he worried about the ECU shutting down the fun unless the car was set up correctly. (He specifically mentioned that some AMG products must be set up to dyno them, and he thought it applied to BMW also, but wasn't sure.) I'll take any input from the group, but need it soon... Thanks.