View Single Post
      05-06-2014, 07:56 AM   #73
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubai135 View Post
Without AWD and on the existing hp, 1st and 2nd were already useless on the street. Extra 32hp for 3rd gear and above...
I have to disagree. I took the car up to Lime Rock Park in CT last week for a Skip Barber one day school with my son. At the end of the day, they let me run the M5 on the Autocross kidney track. it is a small track, so I was basically running the entire lap in 2nd gear. It took a lap or two for me to get smooth rolling ont he throttle, but once I did, there was no problem getting the power to the rear wheels without breaking them loose. Honestly, the best part was hearing the "oh, crap" from the Skip Barber instructor riding shotgun every time I got on the gas!
2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0