Originally Posted by Karm6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver_M5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karm6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver_M5 View Post
From the video it does sound like it's the HPFP,
Do you have access to any data logging to see fuel pressure from the pumps, it might be failing.
And also to help you pin point that kind of noise see if you can get you hands on a automotive stethoscope it will help a lot
Would this cause you to get drive train malfunction during hard acceleration? I get that message once in a while randomly while cruising and mashing gas hard
Definitely can, if your HPFP is falling below the set threshold it will trigger the check engine light.
But usually you will feel sluggish feeling under hard excel like no power.
Have you scanned it what code is it setting?
So the drive train malfunction has happened to me a total 3 times. It happens when I'm cruising like highway speed and then downshift and rev it out. It does run rough and check engine does go on. I turn it off and then back on and the car is fine and no codes . I've tried to bring it to bmw and they didn't read any codes either . Each time the malfunction went off was a month apart. My whine noise like in the video above happens intermittently and sometimes it's really loud and sometimes it's impossible to notice
Honestly buddy I would find a nice shop that specializes in bmw or German vehicles in general not necessarily a dealership, I find private shops have way better attention to detail and get it looked at before it creates a bigger problem. Hopefully not but I'm just saying, also if you haven't cleared the codes they will be stored in the computers memory so maybe get it scanned see if there's anything in there It will point you in the right direction possibly
Appreciate 0