View Single Post
      04-19-2014, 10:47 AM   #47
GratefulM5
Living the Dream
Rep
Drives: '19 M850i Convertible, '19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM5
Wow - some pretty harsh replies. How many miles do you have on the car. Keep in mind it may take a few hundred miles for your tires to be at max traction. That said, just about any time you stomp the go pedal, you will be able to break the rear end loose. But stomping isn't the proper way to drive fast in any event.
I agree. And don't forget the OP is in the northeast where it's still cold which have a significant effect on the PSS's tire grip levels. I agree with the OP as I get spin easily with conservative throttle inputs around town in especially in cool / damp conditions. Once the tires warm up properly the M5 is pure awesomeness; I have 2 different cars depending on the air/ground/tire temperatures. I feel temps make a bigger difference to the handling properties of this car because of the tires. Crazy hypothetical but now wouldn't it be nifty to have optional AWD for the winter and be able to completely disengage it for hooligan fun times (disregarding the weight gain, of course)!

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs are British, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Appreciate 0