United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
I wouldn't stress out too much about what previous owner did. These cars are meant to be driven. The key is to check the service history, and diagnostic data. See if there were any warranty claims.

You can also look for indicators car was well treated. Clearbra and extra oil changes are a great indicator.

Buying off a board member here is another good way of getting transparency. Look up their posts and see what they did and whether they had any issues.
Thanks again Stealth. I do know some forum members' cars are definitely first option to puchase if I do not want to face the crapy financial and relibility issues.
However, I am located in Canada, purchasing from states would be kind of headache.
Also, I checked with 3 good BMW dealers, they do have the preowned 13 m5s with really low milege e.g. I found one MCB 13 m5 with black interior and it just has 6800kms right now, but those cars just don't have the option I want. If I am going with the m5, I need the full leather for sure (I have this in my 650gc). B&O speakers is also a must option for me. The most loaded m5 is the one I mentioned above, but it hust has the exclutive pkg and lacks of the other two.
However I figured out something right now. If I am going with the m5, I do not need the CCB and cP PKG actually, just order one would be a better option for me than taking the one I mentioned yesterday which is a frozen black limited edition.
Otherwise, I might go with the lci e63 amg. I just got some information back from my friend who works in the MB dealership, their trade in value for my 650gc is better than what BMW gave me. All I can say is BMW is really low balling me now especially the dealership where I purchased my GC from.
If you decide to buy a new car, I would suggest you wait for the LCI CLS63. That will be announced by June I think and goes into production in July or August.
Appreciate 0