View Single Post
      10-01-2014, 08:47 AM   #3
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

I don't think that there will be much risk for using a gloss carbon fiber vinyl wrap on components of the exterior of the vehicle. The parts of my car that are vinyl wrapped like the diffuser and the side skirts haven't really suffered from any kind of extra damage or harm. My diffuser gets a little discolored from time to time, but that is probably because I am running Full Straightpipes on my F10 M5. But it's really no biggy. I use a special purpose vinyl cleaner and it gets all of the dirt and grime that kind of gets baked into the diffuser right out. Even with running full straightpipes, there is a lot of heat coming out of my exhaust tips, and my diffuser has held up just fine. Actually most of dirtiness that gets on my diffuser is from my rear tires from kicking up so much dirt and road grime. Plus you are forgetting the best part about vinyl wrapping, if it gets too dirty or gets damaged, you can just take it off and apply new vinyl. Easy peasey lemon squeezey.

I think that if done right a gloss carbon fiber vinyl can look as good as the real thing.

Check out the picture below. It's basically impossible to tell that the spoiler in this picture is gloss CF vinyl wrapped.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0