View Single Post
      02-06-2015, 07:56 AM   #10
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

I just had my front rotors and pads replaced under warranty for the first time about 3 weeks ago. I had them replaced at about 46,000 miles on the vehicle and on those rotors and pads. Since owning the car brand new I have never experienced any squealing. But I did take the M5 to the Nurburgring at about 1,300 miles on the car. Through about 6 laps on the Ring, the brakes got a good workout. Before Break-In I hadn't mashed on the brakes yet at all. Now since I've had the brand new pads and rotors on within the past 3 weeks, I have in fact and indeed developed the dreaded squeal. That is until today. Yesterday I was driving around town and it was completely clear behind me and I decided to give the brakes a good mashing on the highway. I've put about 800 miles on the car I guess since the new pads and rotors were installed. Today as I used the brakes normally, the squealing went completely away. There was definitely a certain pressure point where the brakes would begin to squeal and today driving to work applying the same pressure, the squeal was not there any more. I think I'll try to mash the brakes a few more times to bed them in I suppose, but so far so good. Just thought I'd share.

Appreciate 0