View Single Post
      04-10-2012, 04:40 AM   #32
04S
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive, X5 40i and U11 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
Bad news. Local BMW service and dealership gave up hopes to find the reason and concluded that it's a "constructive specialty" of shock-absorbers. I have had to contact BMW in Munich directly explaining the problem. They said they have forwarded it to their Regional Office and have escalated this problem. They said to expect a contact with their technical department next week.

This is a major issue for any future M5 buyer who expects to use it as an everyday car. Still can't identify if this is an outrageous "constructive specialty" of the car or just my problem. Here's an example of roads surfaces that make this sound loud enough to notice, it can be heard even from outside. The sound appears when the wheel falls into a pothole/railway/cobblestone taller than 3 cm in height.
Yep. Mine is definitely getting worse. Really sounds like a steel bar rolling around in the boot of the car. Hoping once I do the 2000k service I will be able to open up the exhaust flaps to drown out the sound ....
Appreciate 0