View Single Post
      12-05-2017, 08:24 PM   #22
LOYLTY
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiefishy View Post
Just an update from my original issue stated.

Finally the issue is resolved by totally re-flashing all of the software modules in the car. I guess when they reprogrammed some parts of the car ( in this case the steering wheel angle sensor / vibration module was the beginning of the issue), that version of the software was not compliant to the rest of the car ( DCT was affected). When this issue was happening I luckily was test-driving with a service tech, then dealer got BMW Canada involved then BMW Germany, they then refresh the car's software completely and now the issue is completely gone.

Cars nowadays are so complex and computer centric then I find it impossible to even think of owning this for longer than the warranty period.
Great to hear that your problem got fixed. My car has been in the shop going two weeks now. They told me they flashed the software but when I went to drive it to confirm the issue has been fixed, it was still there. Can you share all the components that were flashed to fix your issue? How did BMW Germany get involved? The dealer is telling me that a Regional Engineer needs to come take a look at it.
Appreciate 0