03-23-2013, 06:00 AM   #67
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
Currently sitting in the WELT Premium lounge with 11 minutes to my delivery. For those coming for ED, Id highly recommend the Dingolfing Plant Tour, pretty amazing.
Have you gone on that Dingolfing tour? People who went on the tour during my ED in October (this was on the same day for my actual delivery) complained that it was not like the Munich plant tour (where the 3-series are built) which was much better. I did not go as I came on the exact date of the delivery due to BMW schedule changes. I was told that it was more of an M5 explanation tour where they had some BMW Engineers gather the participants and look over the guts of the M5 in a raised platform, questions were asked and answered -- but none of the "real" plant tour where one gets to see how the M5 series are built from basic metal frame to the final product which the Munich plant tour (that I had) shows and explains in step-by-step detail how the 3-series cars are built.

It could be that for that particular tour on that date (for some BMW reason) was setup that way. Anyway, it would be nice if we could get details from others who did a Dingolfing tour.