View Single Post
      12-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Sounds like you are thinking of installing an exhaust? Am I right? If so, you are setting yourself up for failure and safety issues by doing it the way you asked. If Im wrong, then forgive me. I wouldn't craw under anyones car when those floor jacks looses hydrolic pressure and you have no way out if it is an install. Remember safety first. I installed my Rpi at my friends house. Proper equipent and tools. You will need two people to do this as there are many screws and bolts to take off and when it is time for removal, you will need those extra hands to hold up the opposite end of the exhaust when that last bolt is removed. It damn near runs the length of the car. You really need a clear field of view to do this job properly. If it were me, since you don't have a lift, I would pay the couple hundred dollars to a shop and allow them to do this for you. I cant answer the question if the finned area is strong enough to hold up, I just want you to to it properly. Again no disrespect and best wishes.
Attached Images

Country run

Last edited by boots; 12-30-2012 at 07:07 AM..
Appreciate 0