View Single Post
      01-26-2015, 04:33 PM   #159
AMS ALPHA
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartian777 View Post
OMG, YES if you're depending on meth, meaning if you're running boost higher than what the engine can handle without that extra fueling, for example you're running +6 psi on meth with fail safe set at +3.5 psi, at the moment of lets say pump fail the failsafe is supposed to turn your boost down to +3.5 psi, and if it doesn't your engine will detonate but if your meth is running at boost levels that engine can handle without the extra fueling, in this example it would be +3.5 psi, how can it do any damage ? The benefit would be better timing from meth as an alternative to racegas. Maybe I'm not understanding something ?
I still dont think you are getting it. If you tune the car for the additional octane which is what you are suggesting then when that additional octane isn't there the engine will have problems. Your scenario suggests that failsafes in the meth system will work. THAT is where I am in disagreement. Every meth injection system we have seen come through these doors has had a problem.

The only time we feel safe using meth is by tuning the car for pump fuel then adding a soft mixture (windshield washer fluid) on top of it without adding any extra timing or boost. The extra cooling from the fluid can increase Hp a little by lowering the IAT's but if it fails the car is going to be just fine...just make less power. In this scenario it would serve the purpose of good intercooler system.

Racegas is safer because as Boss suggested you are not relying on a relatively unreliable secondary injection system that has no communication point with the factory DME. ON race gas you build the tune for that fuel and and as long as you have that fuel in the tank you are golden.

Eric

Last edited by AMS ALPHA; 01-26-2015 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0