01-26-2015, 04:49 PM   #160
Northern X5M
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 Tanzanite Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dossey View Post
This is all exciting and I can't wait to try it out....but this begs the question.....what the heck am I going to do for drag radials?!? I need some DR's I can drive around on all weekend without throwing a code!
Driving on DRs won't throw a code. I drove on Nitto 20" drags for a entire summer. It seemed that WOT there were no issues. But occasionally, part throttle shifts were a bit odd and hang up or traction control would kick in for no reason, but this was somewhat rare. And after the first time it scares shit out of you you will be prepared.

If you went to say a MT 19" DR there would be no issues. The tire diameter is very close to stock height. Only thing is you'd look a bit goofy if you didn't have matching rims. LOL. I didn't give a shit myself and sometimes went out on the town with miss-matched rims.

But I am not too confident of the sidewall lateral strength, plus I was driving on the street with only 25psi so no corner carving. Straight line fun only.