01-18-2015, 11:11 PM   #11
Hawkeye1
Displaced Iowan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayblack
Hey guys, I have a question for those that are running Dinan stage 1 or 2 tunes. Have you noticed a difference in traction? Specifically from a dig. For better, worse or none? I would assume more power = less traction. Thanks for your input in advance.
The answer depends on the conditions. At the drag strip the car was easier to 'hook up' after the Dinan tune was installed. My 60 foot times were very consistent, but not very fast (all were greater than 2 seconds). I didn't need to feather the gas pedal to get traction. It was 'MDM and mash it'. That said, when you punch it at road speeds between 35 and 50 mph, the car has much less traction. Flooring it at 40 mph forces the car into 2nd gear, and the car fishtails about 75% of the time. It happened both times I floored the car from 40 mph today, and each event was a little scary. I bailed on the throttle at about the same time the traction control system intervened. Fun, but scary. I will put new, fatter, tires on in the Spring. Hopefully that will help some.
2018 911 GT3 (Manual) - Mine
2013 911 S Cabriolet - Mostly mine
Appreciate 0