View Single Post
      02-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #84
Thurman Murch
Lieutenant
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: M3

It's hard to cope with the downsizing of the S8/65 to a less mechanically involved variant like a turbo

I think what this guy is saying is the M5 is a bad ass car despite some of the nuances w the idrive and automatic stop start

What this means is that BMW needs to concentrate on the sound and reducing weight on the G-code chassis

I'm sorry I can't hear the exhaust very much on the AMGs unless its the black series but everyone else on the road sure can

I feel that you get what you pay for with the M5... At the expense of reduced weight, I hope the new F8x is blazingly fast because in some ways it looks like a fancy F30 which is par for the course but if it drives like hell then by all means it will be worth it

If you need the utility go BMW, if not go Porsche unless you can go higher

BMW needs to re-gauge its metrics on the blend of sport, luxury and economy - I feel this current run is more luxury focused and instead of leading the pack, BMW followed its near peers instead of trailblazing its own path which Lexis is trying to capitalize on by refocusing more on the sport aspect
Appreciate 0