01-25-2024, 10:09 PM   #64
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxwil View Post
Pure Performance (TJ) shipped my car back to me in an enclosed trailer over the weekend. The car was cleaned up and arrived in pristine condition. Top notch, 5 star review from me and I highly recommend. To give an example, he found a scratch on the passenger side rear panel that he didn’t think was there when I dropped it off. He was willing to take blame and get it repaired. When he sent me a photo of it, I told him that it was old and done 3 ago. Don’t know another shop who would do the same.

Back to the car. Finally got a chance to take it out for a spin as the weather has been a little crappy here. Despite being in the break-in period and staying under 4K RPM, there’s an immediate and noticeable difference than before. Power delivery is smooth and linear but also much stronger than my previous stage 2 tune was. Kinda hard to believe. Not sure if the stage 2 pure turbos have made that much of a difference but it is very noticeable.

I was also concerned about how the Project Gamma clutches would react and feel to me. I asked TJ to put the stock clutches in the trunk just in case. I’ve driven a car with SSP Spec X clutches and didn’t like it at all. The PG clutches feel like stock but with stronger clamping pressure. Shifts are smooth and they marry up nicely with the turbos. TJ drove the car for a few weeks for adaptation and observation purposes. The car is flawless and ready to go.

The only negative is its very loud to me. I see no need to open up the Eisenmann exhaust flaps. You can really tell the car is breathing especially now that my cold start delete was reset. My neighbor told me it sounded like a truck LOL.

TJ installed one of his stage 2 tunes (free of charge) that would allow all the upgraded components to operate together in harmony. However, it’s not optimized and I’ll need a custom tune. So that’s the next step. Again, the plan is to keep power and boost at a reliable level considerate of the forged infrastructure and other upgrades.

Lastly, I’ve decided to give Motul an opportunity to provide the blood. Will go with their 8100 Power 5W-50 due to the Ester based formula for increase protection. The plan will be to perform Blackstone analysis to determine what the OCI will be. Will even do an analysis on the break-in oil as well.

Will provide another update after the break-in period and first oil change.

Here’s a list of the upgrades and what was done.

Full engine rebuild
ACL Conrod Bearings
CP Carrillo Forged Pistons
CP Carrillo Forged Rods
Pure Stage 2 Turbos
F90 LP and HPFP’s
F90 Fuel Injectors
PG Performance Clutch
Congrats on the spectacular build!ope to hear more about the benefits of the F90 LPFP and the F90 Injectors and what sort of coding was needed.

The lord knows that I have a lot of money wrapped up in tow motors for my M6 but I have no regrets on going with a forged build this time.

Wishing you many more miles of blissful driving.

H
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0