View Single Post
      07-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #68
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Ha! I "get it" about the R8. Probably wold not be my choice simply because I do want the updated electronics. Don't get me wrong, I wold never trade elec for perf but I can get a nice combo of both I believe. I will just jump in that C4S tomm and be 1000% sure that I don't love it. I did drive the C2S in Sport Plus and it didn't do it. I will go with an open mind and if I loveit I will give the dealer "one chance" to make a sweet deal. They actually have an almost identical 2013 on the lot as well so perhaps they have some motivation (thinking WAY ahead here). Honestly, I think I will not be so in love but we will see. I drive a 2012 997 Turbo S and it didn't do it for me. The performance was great but that model felt "old". The 991 is so gorgeous. Ever made an apples to apples comparison like that to a 997 car? I know these are such subjective questions. Just trying so hard to really "get" the love of the Porsche. I guess tomm will be my FINAL decision. So tempting also because the Porsche is available NOW.
All my turbos were blistering fast with the 997.2 PDK with ecu and exhaust just being a joke from a dig. The car was faster than a stock Turbo S no doubt and just crushed it from 0-130. But the new chassis of the 991 is excellent and much improved over the 997. You get a longer wider wheelbase with an engine over the rear axle. The car is so much more planted at speed- its just so easy and fun to drive yet still creates the involvement feeling that I felt I didnt have in my GTR. Its not as fast the turbos but still quite formidable. Where I like it more is the steering, suspension feedback, and of course the chassis. It inspires confidence at all levels. I just got back from a spirited drive up and over 140 mph but found myself taking turns in the car at speeds I normally only achieve in the R8 (not even the BS). No wonder the track numbers for the "C2S" are so strong- expect the 4S to be even better. Check out this normal street driven Youtube on the 4S and the numbers it achieves so easily- I love how the LC can happen just like that!!!

Now its been 1 month and I feel the car is faster but in reality its just me learning the sweet spots of the car. One test drive didnt sell me 100% but 2 more did indeed close the deal. Now Im just very happy and its the weakest of all my lot in hp and tq yet is one of the best to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc View Post
NO Hre's on that 991, Vic?
I just got the car so Im testing out a set of 21's that the owner of SupremePower had/has.... I really like them on this car and I actually drop 5-6 lbs per each rear corner with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhn2000 View Post
I would find it so hard to part ways with my R8. Feels like a real race car that I can put the top down on. When driving it I take the long way almost every time. You forget about the older interior and NAV, the driving experience totally dominates and the confidence it gives any driver is incredible. Did I mention the V10 sound, its sex to my ears hehe.

There is nothing like the R8 that Ive owned. Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
Ahhhhhh young skywalker looking to the dark side(:
This padiwan is strong but we can turn him.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0