View Single Post
      01-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Date with EAS yesterday...Akrapovič Evolution

Evening folks. Was hoping to get this up a bit sooner, but unfortunately work and driving the newly modified ride got in the way

Had a chance to visit European Auto Source yesterday and have my Akrapovič Evo fitted, as well as H&R springs and Macht Schnell spacers. Hats off to the EAS guys. Not only are they really, really cool, but they did a fantastic job getting everything installed. Thanks to Robert for hanging out and checking in as I watched the install.

I won't bore everyone with lots of crappy iPhone pics, as the EAS folks will probably be adding some to their blog and potentially here.

So here are the results. Stock, the car put down a best pull of 535whp, 487 ft-lbs of torque. Not bad. And there was some variation, from 506 the 535 over four pulls. On the final pull with the exhaust it put down 540whp, 485 ft-lb. Like the first pulls there was variation, with the car responding best on the last pull. Also, there was one pull with the Akra where the car put down 500 ft-lb! There were a couple pulls after the exhaust went on where there was an issue with the vacuum lines and the valves remained closed. Robbed the car of a ton of whp. Be sure the valves are opened or tubes pinched/blocked if you have the an exhaust without them.

More important than the technical data I am over the moon with the exhaust. Goes without saying that the build quality is amazing, but the note under load is out of this world. Much, much better than OEM. Cold start is not too shabby either. Bottom line, the vids just do not do the exhaust (this or others) justice. It is sick. If you are on the fence, do it. You won't regret the decision. If you can find someone with it, take the car for a drive. It will sell itself
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black

Last edited by M54ccibo; 02-28-2013 at 09:06 PM..
Appreciate 0