View Single Post
      09-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #14
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4awd View Post
I think the chrome looks great on the sapphire black. It accents the car well. If you swap them out for black units, the car becomes invisible especially at night. If I had a very light colored car, silver or white , I'd blacken out the chrome to make the car look aggressive like an M5 should. Otherwise they end up looking too "nice" like a 7 series especially in the silver/gray colors. I think the black M5 looks way too brute as is and needs the chrome to give it some pop. Some people may like the I'm angry at the world look, but to me, the chrome is a must especially on the side vents. That's not to say Orthodox's M5 is not pure hotness, just another point of view.
Yeah this is what I am feeling like. I feel like the chrome on the Black Sapphire Metallic give the M5 the accent it should have that the blacked out chrome grill gives every other color, even Imperial Blue I think.

See my picture below for debate.

I took this in Monaco. Here in this photo, the chrome grill really brings out that extra accent that defines the M5. If a black grill was in its place, this accent would be missed.

Such a hard decision to make. Hmmm...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0