soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3 View Post
Hey all...

I live in the Northeast and I have always believed I needed an AWD to ensure I (and my wife if she ever uses my vehicle) feels safe and secure and that the car is capable of handing inclement weather (within reason of course).

I've got a 550 on order.... But man... I'd really like to just get the M5... But it will be my daily driver. So.....

Who is using their M5 for daily driver (DD) duties?

What kind of MPG are you seeing? What can of range can you get from a tank?

Where do you live/drive?

Do you regret getting it for a DD?

Any other thoughts, experiences, comments, questions, etc... Please share.

Thanks.
Well I had 550i 2012 F10 Dinan Stage 2 and just sold it and was a beautiful car for the purpose it was made for, really fast!!
The guy who bought from me from Atlanta who was a very nice BMW real enthusiast and appreciated the mods I did to the caand I loved giving her to him as I felt he will take care if her -

Anyway,
Didn't mean to be off topic ,
But actually I replaced it with F10 M5 -
So It is very relevant to your question,
My average MPG with real hard driving 17.3 but I have commutes to work sometimes of 20 miles so that improves total mileage ...

BTW before I sold my 550i I drove it with sports mode on and drove it like my M5 and guess what same mileage if not worse!!

M5 = Fun daily driver but doubt in NY though and I don't live there but drove there more than a few days before and your gas mileage will be around 13-14 mpg, I would get X6m or X5m in New York will be almost as fast with AWD!! and very fun to drive too, BTW I can speak to X5 because I had the X5 50i and probably was more fun to drive than 550i except for high speed and the Active Steering which was horrible and without it (Had X5 before it without active steering) and was horrible too, damned of you do and damned if you don't get active steering with X5 as without it too heavy and with it too artificial but otherwise a beautiful car overall.

My 2 cents sir
soooma
Appreciate 0