View Single Post
      02-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #11
bimmer-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330 e46 Vert, Bmw ind F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybimmerfan View Post
jmh, thank you very much for enlightening us regarding European Delivery. I don't know if the OP (original poster) was asking about taking delivery from the Welt to drive back to the UK or for the North American brand of "European Delivery" as discussed in these forums. I did my ED October of last year driving from Munich to Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Southern France taking in several of the Alps passes. I have even seen some of the areas in the Alps where my group and I have skied (St. Moritz and Chamonix areas). Although I am familiar with the Alps, driving on the roads through it is a whole new experience and just added to the whole "European Delivery" experience. I will do it again when I order a new car from one of the major European manufacturers that offer such experience (and pricing).
thanks for all the feedback.
in regards to ED, i simply wanted to get a flight out to Munich and drive the car back to the uk, actually straight home to the uk. speaking to my local dealer they go they dont offer ed anymore for uk orders, but might be worth asking bmw uk direct.
As far i see it should be cost effective if anything for bmw to allow me to pick up the car, saves them on delivery to the uk. i just need valid licence plates, uk ones that is. munich from london is roughly 13 hrs on a straight drive so not far.. a few days of sight seeing and ferry back from calais to folkestone with the car (if it is in fact that easy), then drive straight home to london, would be a great experience imo.
Appreciate 0