View Single Post
      02-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #1
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

BMS Stage1 Track Times!!

BMS took their new M5 out to the track for some test runs and I figured I'd share the results here. The car is a 2014 M5 DCT with 400 miles on the clock. Fuel was 91 octane with 3 gallons of 100 octane mixed in. Mods are the BMS Stage1 tune, K&N drop in filters, carbon filter delete, and they tested a couple combinations of an air box mod they've done.

The best runs of the day are below. They had the least amount of wheel hop using comfort shocks with tire pressure lowered to 30psi.

Note on the 11.49@126.72 the VBOX file when loaded in to the vboxtools.com site reports a 11.52@126.67. So the VBOX can be very accurate if you use the proper site to authenticate the file. It must average the last 60' of the traps as a real track does rather than using absolute speed. Also note the authentication program allows up to a -1% slope although most real tracks are going to be closer to level. Obviously doing runs on a higher slope will result in inflated numbers compared to what you would get at a normal track. Using the VBOX also allows you to do testing in conditions where most tracks would not be open. Like in the middle of the night, etc. So take VBOX runs with a grain of salt but if using this vboxtools.com site to authenticate the file they are as close to real times as you can get.

Mike
Attached Images

Appreciate 0