Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP & '14 X5 50i

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
2014 BMW X5 50i  [0.00]
2011 Ford F250 4x4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh View Post
Hmmm.... I think you might be slightly misled too ...

There's certainly a "break-in oil" in the F10 M5 from factory (during the oil pump recall
dealers had to replace engine oil on new cars with a different oil than the standard oil)
The engine isn't really built by a single individual , it's a well oiled machinery (no pun intended) and BMW has got the building of engines down without the need of claiming an individual is working on a specific engine (like AMG does with their name plaque attached to certain engines)
During break-in the fluids for the engine and differential are changed. If it is a MT car also the fluid for the 6 speed MT will be changed

All US cars are limited to ~155mph , there's no different top speed limiter before break-in or whether the car has CP or not.
The only option for a revised limiter is to order the M package , which is not available for ordering in the US

None of the engine maps or the like are being changed/improved during break-in service.
Only launch control will be enabled.

Some people may notice a "difference" but that's really only a placebo effect (or just simply they'll now use the Sport+ plus settings for throttle/transmission)
There's also a TIS memo available which has been posted here at
http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=765513

Well, I have to say you are correct to the best of my research. Dang it makes me Pi$$ed to be mislead by BMW personnel who should know better!

The tire rating says it all! Front and Rear rated at "Z" speed. Therefore this is NO way will BMW let the car go much past an honest 155. Would I spend the 7k+ again for the CP? Well probably, just because it's there. Do I feel somewhat cheated, dang straight!

Which begs the question; do Europe delivery cars have different tire speed rating when there made to be exported to the USA?

Sorry if I got anyone's tit in the ringer over this. Dang, dang, dang.