04-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #28
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJFLA View Post
I was looking for Frozen colors too. Thanks for the info 09BlkSapphire. Unfortunately, I KNOW I am going to have to educate my dealer.
This may help. This is a Q&A we had last year with BMWNA M Manager Matt Russell about ordering Individual options in the US:

Quote:
Is it more difficult to have BMW Individual paints or trims ordered in the US, compared to Europe? Can you please explain the proper ordering process? Are there any limitations?

All BMW Individual options available to European markets are available to North American customers. Ordering is available through every one of BMW's dealers. There's an order form dealers can put together for customers interested in having Individual work done. The dealers submit that order form old fashioned style (via fax) or they can scan and e-mail it to BMWNA's automotive sales department where there is a contact who receives individual requests and special orders all day long. That contact has a bridge directly to Germany and she'll find out how long it'll take to do whatever the customer is requesting, and she'll reply to the dealer with the timeframe and the price. If the customer is satisfied with the response, they can then go ahead and order the car. Individual is most popular on the 7-series and the M3 and is growing in popularity.

Just make sure your dealer knows about the special order form. If they don't have it or don't know about it, it's available via a quick e-mail to the BMWNA automotive sales department, which every dealer knows how to get in touch with.

The only limitation is what can the factory actually do. For example, Leipzig is not able to do Individual orders yet, but this may change some day in the future (so models produced there, such as the 1M coupe are not able to be ordered currently with Individual colors or options).
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0