View Single Post
      02-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #78
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
Pretty epic setup my friend! Now I know it's hard to convey in writing, but on a cold morning, getting into this car with say a headache, is it totally intrusive and unpleasant to ride in? Can my pregnant wife cruise in it without inducing premature labor?
I adore the angry snarly sound of the blown v8 but naturally don't want to crush the luxurious experience.

Also could that rear section bolt up to the stock exhaust? Would it be that different sounding?

Thanks man! And happy motoring!

Greg
Dudes,

I'll give it you straight. If you haven't started the car in like 12 hours the Cold Start is CRAZY LOUD! It literally shakes my house. However, it only lasts for like a minute or so and gets tolerable. So far I haven't had any neighbors complain like they did on my straight-piped E60 V10. For some reason I think the Cold Start on the E60 M5 was much longer.

As for wives, wimps, and your kids. Wives will probably hate it from the outside. On the inside it's really not loud at all. The sound proofing of the cabin on the F10 is too good, that's why I don't like the stock exhaust, cause you can't hear anything really. For wimps like your neighbors, they might not like it either. For kids, they will probably love it! It sounds like RACE CAR!

I would say that if you want switchablity, then have some shop design you a custom valve system. Me personally I want FULL RACE CAR mode all of the time. When I encounter cops, I just throw the DCT in D Mode and the exhaust isn't really loud at all at low rpms. It's only when you go full throttle and such it roars like a monster.

Like Rob said, this setup aint for the faint of heart. You will definitely get attention, but I love it.

If you don't want this level of roar then I would suggest going with the Eisenmann Race and calling it a day.

Appreciate 0