06-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #27
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddigangi View Post
Hmm..actually Brembo would be cheaper, average is about $3000-$4000 for front or back for street applications and that is not including any discounts you get knocked off (even if its a few hundred bucks)
You can get the carbon ceramic rotors for $3,000-4,000??? I'd like to know where. Or are you talking about the steel rotor kits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
Does anyone know what sort of improvement in stopping distances this provides? Would that be for a single abrupt stop on the street, or is the main benefit fade resistance in repeated stops on a track?
No improvement in stopping distance. They're suppose to last longer, BUT ONLY if you use the proper pads. The Porsche guys found out the hard way when they put on track pads on the ceramic rotors and killed them in a couple track events.
The only other improvement is weight savings, like someone said above.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 06-04-2012 at 07:04 PM..
Appreciate 0