Thread: Corsa exhaust
View Single Post
      03-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #2
mcgm5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12' GMC Savana, 13' BMW M5

ive had these exhausts on my VW and Audi. They are just relabeled as APR parts.

I have had quite a few of the systems and really have nothing good to say about them.

On my S4 the exhaust baffles fell apart in both the left and right side mufflers. It took APR/Corsa about 5 weeks to replace them. Once installed it was only 500 miles before the baffles fell apart again making the car sound like it had rocks in a tin can rattling. Upon further inspection of the system we noticed that the flex joint unraveled , came apart and was making a rattling noise as well.

Another thing to be aware of is that the Corsa exhausts are VERY VERY heavy. They use the sound cancellation technology without any insulation (just all baffles that look like cheese graters). This adds up to a LOT of weight. A simple comparison is that we needed to adults to pick up and support the APR/Corsa exhaust in my S4, where as the milltek exhaust I eventually used to replace it could be picked up by one person and was rigid enough to support itself and stay straight while in the air. ( i know a weird analogy that is meaningless, but this did stick out to us while installing)

The exhaust note... The exhaust note is not very "tuned". Basically if you have an engine that sounds bad (raspy, tingy, high pitched, deep.. ect...) this system will just make it sound louder. Other manufacturers (for example milltek or supersprint) can actually change the way the engine naturally sounds through its exhaust. This is common with V6's or 4 cylinders as some do not sound ideal, but can be aided by tuning the exhaust note. In my experience this is not the case with Corsa's systems. being there systems have no insulation and are generally straight through , I would think that would make it difficult to tune for specific sounds.

The positives about Corsa exhaust systems which can not be overlooked is the fact that they are the only company that I have used that is true to the word as far as having ZERO drone. When they claim that drone is eliminated, they mean it. That is a great feature especially for people who can look past the previous information posted above.

As far as the reliability of the system breaking on me twice. Maybe it was a fluke. But the reality is that the system is complex, heavy and cumbersome to install and align correctly. Alignment was a big problem everyone had with the system if you do some internet searches on the Audi forums. Another big gripe I had with them was the fact that they made me wait a month the first time of replacement, but the big kicker is that the second replacement (which was a full replacement of the entire system) took about 4 months. So if I didn't have the funds to replace the system with something else (which i did), I would have to drive my car which sounded like absolute hell for the entire time.

I have nothing against Corsa to be completely honest. But no way would I ever buy another one of their exhaust systems.
Appreciate 0