View Single Post
      10-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #19
Falcao
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Trust me man. We KNOW we are screwed here. It is getting scary. Can you imagine a group of fools (Congress) passing legislation (Affordable Health Care Act) ADMITTEDLY having never read it, shoving it down the throats of citizens with the explanation "it is good for everyone" and then exempting themselves from it? Almost unimaginable.
No more than house of rep attaching ACA requirement to budget. WTF does that have to do with budget? You want to repeal ACA, get people to vote for you, take the 2 houses and WH and repeal the monstrosity that is ACA. IT is that simple. IT is called democracy and it works but you have to get people to vote for you and repeal any law you don't like and not shutdown government. I like Israel system. IF you don't pass budget, you automatically get budget much lower than previous years and it keeps going down until you pass a budget.

IF ACA is such a collosal failure and fundamentally flawed (just like the glitches with the website signup and other complex parts i think will not work) it will be clear night and day for people to see and you can make your case for repeal. You will loose your case if you attach unrelated items to budget and the focus is not on implementation but on theatrics.

IT is a good point to fight the exclusions under ACA yes but it is a flawed strategy to attach to budget and screw over people. You are going to make people upset and the other side wins.

I have vested interest because I am a govt contractor not getting PAID through this so i have a different perspective from those cretins sitting at home saying no big deal and shut her down