11-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #13
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Awesome. What is the wait list duration?
I don't know the current length if one were to reserve *today*, but I am scheduled to take delivery in January. The car is getting a lot of attention after being called Automobile of the Year, etc. so that could be pushing the wait times out. I am supposed to get a Signature model (due to the below) but the possibility exists I will just get a regular model (also due to the below).

Our pre-acquisition CEO came from PayPal and worked very closely with Elon Musk. He's one of the PayPal "Mafia" as they're called. It is due to this relationship that I am considering this purchase. (Who needs 2 cars in San Francisco?!) We are getting extraordinary pricing, well beyond what I have ever seen for an "employee pricing" perk. But we're also being asked to remain patient and allow them to prioritize orders for regular customers.

Just this evening I drove another one and cannot stop raving about this car. I know it's the wrong forum, etc. but BMW could learn a lot from Tesla with respect to infotainment, etc. I was made an offer to go work with Tesla but I turned them down as their future was in certain back then. In hindsight, I should've done it. Stealth - go drive one. Really.