View Single Post
      10-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #66
cnicholson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I just checked the WW website, mine has the same statuses.
LINER RELEASE PORT HUENEME, CA 24-10-2012 11:43:19
I heard they had enough Oil Pumps to cover all the Liner Releases before 11:40 on 10/24. This is consistent with the "MCB First" policy on pump allocation.

Seriously, in googling around, even barring oil pump, it seems time from "Liner Release" to delivery at dealer varies from 3 days to 10 days. I fear there are many variables outside of our control/knowledge.

My dealer just emailed me saying that Fidelio had a BUNCH of ED cars (not just M5s) and suggested that the lag time might been extended. I don't think he really knows anything for sure, but his hunch is that it may be a few more days....

He Said: "September/October is the annual "high season" for European Delivery, and since Port Hueneme is a small port, the capacity (availability of inspectors) is challenged for these two months of the year. Once the vehicle makes it through processing I will be able to estimate (pinpoint ETA). I have many ED customers on the same boat (no pun intended) so I am keeping a close eye on things. I will let you know when I have more to report."
Appreciate 0