View Single Post
      03-08-2014, 10:51 AM   #17
McGee
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

165mph in a 55mph zone a few years back. A buddy had just got back from deployment and wanted to go for a ride in my Cobra, and after a little insisting I obliged. I pulled out of the neighborhood and hit it 2nd through the middle of 5th real quick and turned around to head home. All the while a state trooper was sitting in the median the whole time. When I blew by him he didn't even bother to try and chase, he just got on the radio to see if anybody up ahead might be able to stop me. When I turned around to pull back in the neighborhood I pretty much fell into his lap and he pulled out and turned on the lights. Since I was the only one on the road I knew he had to be coming for me so I pulled over by the clubhouse and waited for him. Long story short he was extremely nice and wrote me a reckless ticket for 6 points and $700, he reduced the speed on the ticket to 135mph in a 55mph so he wouldn't have to arrest me and impound the car. The week after I called him for about a week to see what options I had to pay for my stupidity but potentially avoid the 6 points against my record as I was a young guy with a clean record and didn't want my insurance to skyrocket. He told me since I was so polite and made the smart decision to pull over and wait for him he'd take care of me. When I went to court he ended up requesting the ticket be reduced to the minimum fine of $74 and 2 points.....HUGE break.
Black 2010 E90 335i JB4 G5-iso, Trebila custom BEF, XHP STAGE 3, DCI, MMP Inlets, VRSF CP, Code 3 FMIC, ARM catless DP's, secondary and resonator delete, Vibrant resonators and x-pipe, Stage 2 LPFP, E-60
Black 2003 CobraPorted, Sprayed, Full Exhaust, SCT PRP tuned, E-85. 750+ rwhp/900+ rwtq monster
2002 Suzuki GSX-R600 Full bolt-on's
Appreciate 0