View Single Post
      03-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #21
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

As always, nicely done by the boys over at Marketing........only full specs, reviews and test drives will tell the true story.

That being said, I think with the ///1M, and ///M3 power delivery (i.e. FI, NA, high-revving, etc) and sound are more crucial to the cars success then with the ///M5. Listen, nothing will be as epic as the S85 in terms of rawness, sound and linkage to motor sports. However, most people who purchase in this segment probably would rather have characteristics of a lower revving engine with tons of power being accessible without having to work the engine too much, and something with a exhaust note that isn't too "raucous" for when they arrive to a business meeting. So as much as I hate to admit it, a lower revving, FI, high torque engine is probably more suitable for the ///M5's clientele.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0