View Single Post
      02-25-2015, 06:00 PM   #6
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Vorsteiner Flow Formed (but they are not forged...but damn light!) I didn't want to go with anything but forged. Downside IMO...not a 'purely wheel-focused' company.

Used forged wheels (this is what I did, because the M5 is my daily driver and didn't want to bang up $10k wheels.) I got used 21" HRE's with brand new Mich PSS tires for $7k. Wheels alone were $2500 each new. And they are in damn good shape... which for me is fine. I don't need them perfect as they won't be after a few thousand miles here in the Northeast!

You could also get Dinan (made by Forgeline) for about $5k (maybe a bit more) which are great quality mono block forged wheels. Dinan lists them at over $6k. But reach out to dealers and you'll get quotes in the mid $5k-range.

Then you also got BC Forged. Lots of styles and colors to choose from. Fully forged with CNC-faces. You can get them for under $5k for 20". The only downside IMO...they've only been doing wheels few 2-4 years...and they are made in Taiwan. And ideally, I'd prefer to buy from an American company that's been building wheels for a time period that demonstrates proven quality.
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0