View Single Post
      01-23-2024, 10:44 PM   #1
dc2133
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 M5

Do I really have to see State Ref? Or can I just pay the ticket?

Hello all, after the most insane rain San Diego has seen in a long time I decided to pull my 2012 M5 out the garage to stretch her legs on this clear day. Equipped with catless down pipes to an X pipe with no mufflers and a Gintani tune I knew there would come a day that I might have to pay a visit to the state ref. 2 years later and the day finally came, but was much less climatic than I could have imagined. 5 minutes onto the road I made a right hand turn at a green light going about 6 mph with an officer across from me yielding to turn the same way. Immediately he jumps behind me signaling his lights. Says he stopped me for tinted windows and no front license plate. He then adds on, “your car seems kind of loud, what’s up with that?”. I tell him I just started the car up from sitting for a week and it has not had enough time to fully warm up and he tells me he does not understand what I mean by that. Proceeds to give me tinted window ticket , front license plate ticket, and a 27150(a) loud exhaust ticket and tells me I need to go see state ref. No decibel test , no hood pop. All the infractions are correctable. This is my first time being state reffed and I’m wondering is it possible to just pay the fine and go on with my life? Do I really have to go through the state ref process? I really don’t want to touch the car if I don’t have to. I have been meaning to get a valvetronic exhaust I’ve just been slacking because I have not had a problem with my setup until today. If I do have to see state ref do you think throwing a pair of stock mufflers on would get the job done? Or will they know I’m tuned with dp’s. OR should I hire a ticket lawyer to fight the ticket? Considering the cop didn’t seem real knowledgeable and I was just an easy target to meet his quota. Just looking for a little insight so I can get a jump on swapping back to stock if I ABSOULUTELY have to.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0