03-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #14
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09BlkSapphire View Post
Any update from dealer on this?

That 95 octane recommendation to avoid this problem worries me. In California we only have 91 octane!
Sorry, not much of an update yet. But the manual recommends 98, and minimum is 95.

As for the error, they just said that it's most likely because of bad petrol and an error in the combustion chamber caused it. The car is still (3rd day now) in the service because there's some bad sound coming from rear-right and they haven't been able to figure out what the issue is. They suspect it's shock absorbers. They swapped positions from right to left but didn't test it yet. If they test and it's confirmed to be a defective (wtf?) shock absorber from factory then they will replace it.

So far from delivery I've had following problems:
- Scratches in windshield. New one was delivered today but hasn't been installed.
- Scratch on rear-right fender. Repainted the rear-right fender under warranty (now I gotta prove when reselling that this was just a scratch and not an accident).
- Two drivetrain errors, first being at 7 km. After the second error the car was choking and shaking until I turned it off.
- Bad loose sound from rear-right that BMW service can't identify for 2 days now and suspect it's the shock absorber.

I always thought that if replaced, shock absorbers must be done in pair, not single ones. If so I'll make sure they replace both under warranty and not just one. Does anyone know about this?
Appreciate 0