View Single Post
      01-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #114
Swiss Chris
Member crafted at BMW ///M
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 DKG M3, M3 GTS, F10 M5

Thanks for your 99% nice comments

Happy to see you enjoyed the write up and photos. Happy to see that you love this M5 but even more the M3 GTS too, we have the same opinion

You had a few questions, so let's go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by My E90 View Post
Can we get high resolution versions of some of the group shots? Just beautiful!
Here you are, thanks to Falcon23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong77 View Post

+1 I can live in the garage.
You could maybe live in my bedroom. I sleep in the garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2e15 View Post
How come you debadged the M5?
My father had problems with his X6M (from customers and coworkers). Nothing like that with M5's. And even better with a debadged M5. He says that nobody realises it's a 560HP car and loves it so much !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1986 View Post
She's amazing; congrats!!! Any impressions on hearing the exhaust system through the speakers?
We asked us the question, but nobody heared sound from the speakers. Or it's turned off, or it's very well done so that you don't hear it comes from the speakers. I will ask a passenger to put his hear on the speaker while accelerating in Sportplus mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
Congrats. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks. Is it a black M3 GTS on your photo ?!
I told my father to repaint or wrap the GTS in grey, but he wants it "100% natural"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccy Gic View Post
Stunning and congrats.

(and lol@ 21.1 L/100kms)
On the highway it's amazing, sth like 10-11l/100kms !

But on country roads with my way of driving, it's immediately 30l/100km

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiros View Post
First of all cogratulations for your new car !
second of all I just want to tell you a story ! and a funny one !
Sir you (loudly ! ) overtook me when I was riding a bicycle in Ecublens,Lausanne !
what a small small world! (I'm sure that was you Sir I recognize the Vaud plates and the car of course)
Sorry about that

Amazing to meet someone from Ecublens here

Quote:
Originally Posted by animah View Post
Chris! ...well I don't know where to start... so I'll only say congrats those are fabulous pics! fabulous cars! I could kill to only have a ride in the GTS "même sur le siège du mort". Dont forget we still have a meeting on old for our 1M... so if by mistake you took the GTS or the M5 I wont mind ;-)
Maybe you could have a ride in the GTS without killing someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTTY View Post
See you on the racetrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
Congratulations! It was a pleasure reading the review, especially about M5 (F10). I disagree with some of earlier posters about the car being "too much" for a 20 year old - the guy seems experienced and responsible enough to me as well as knowledgeable to drive such cars, much more than some older people.

Age is usually assumed to show perception of life and responsibility, knowing the value of things, and Chris seems to know it very well. Congrats, all of them are awesome but I liked M5 (F10) the most. The color looked matte in that weather and the environment looked mysterious

I just woke up, saw my M5 (F10) Alpine White in my dreams, that I was driving it , and open the forum to see this post! My car is being produced as we speak and delivery is expected to be on the first week of February, I wonder if it would also arrive with winter tires or summer ones. I've ordered the same type of wheels, but in 20".

Thanks for the review and enjoy would be great to see any more experience sharing, especially about exhaust, acceleration and anything else that comes in mind. This car looks amazing on photos, but I think it looks much better in real life.
It's a pleasure

Do you have precise questions ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
Fantastic writeup Chris - you seem like someone who appreciates how lucky you are to have such nice toys at age 20 - and if I was you i would be enjoying every minute of it! The F10 M5 sounds like it is truly a step up from virtually all other M's to date (with possible exception of M3 GTS).

Keep on having fun (I have to say - I know my E93 is nowhere near the level of performance as the new M5, but after having owned it for almost 4 years now - I still look forward to driving it every day - so can't imagine how I'd feel at that level of performance)!!

I would love to hear more comparisons between the M3 GTS and the F10 M5 whenever you get the chance.
I have to drive the M5 with summer tires and both with warmer temperatures to be able to have a good comparison. All I can say is that the M5 seems to accelerate faster, that every feelings are really different (way the engine give his power, sound, comfort, felling of speed). But they have pretty the same stability, this amazing 50/50 weight distribution which make both so fantastic in the curves.

But for "fast riding" pleasure, the GTS is much better as you can imagine. The M5 is faster (seems to be according to all comparatives) than every other ///M, unless the GTS. This orange fire is simply amazing in the curves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
Was there any turbo lag?
No. As I wrote it, powers come a strangely as on a normally aspirated engine, all the way to the red line. But you don't feel any lag when you push the throttle. Nothing like 1M or even more the 135i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejotrujillo View Post
Amazing cars you have there

M3 GTS FTW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_M5 View Post
Nice stable you have...congratulations and enjoy!

I myself took delivery of my F10 M5 back in late November, it was the first M5 to be delivered in Saudi Arabia.

I tend to agree with your overall impression/review of the M5!

To me, the car has two personalities: a calm one and surprisingly much more comfortable to drive in town than my previous F10 535. The difference being, the first has no RFT, the other one is a beast. Overall, it's a fun car to drive but still not as good as other Sport coupes (my be the comparison is unfair here)..

Here are some pic. enjoy! (I will post some more in the future.)

Attachment 627727
Nice if you have the same feeling than me !

And of course it's amazing for a sedan, but nothing like a very good coupe as a Porsche GT3 or M3 GTS. But in my opinion, the M5 is more fun to drive than a "normal" E92 M3 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcbo View Post
Belle brochettes de ///M Chris!

I see you don't need me anymore to take nice pictures of your cars

Hope to meet the new M5 very soon on the Swiss roads
I read your impressions on the french forums as well and can't wait to see how it is like.
Contact me

Quote:
Originally Posted by delvek View Post
I hate having to get into the drama like other forums but ...

This is a BMW forum, a forum to share our experiences with the F10 among like minded enthusiasts. The OP is 20 years old, what the hell does that have to do with the reason of this forum?!?!

I dont know him from Adam but I am thankful he shared some nice photos and feedback on a car that I may consider in the future, thanks OP.

ps. Love to see what happens with the M5 and my Hartge tuned 550i, let me know when you cross the border.
Where do you live ? Germany ? I sometimes go to Europapark, next time it will be with the M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion01 View Post
Congrats man, envy and jealousy is so ugly but (in my case) unavoidable!

As to "But in both the 135i and the 1M, and even more in the 535d F10 (my dad had one for a few months), you feel that fabulous power at medium revs. And the M5 has it too, but twice as powerful. It's simply amazing."

Somewhat to be expected based on the immense fuel suck! I see on your nav a read-out of 4.74 km to a litre, the price you pay for such huge power. That would bankrupt me - I average about 8.5 km to a litre which I feel is quite heavy based on Euro fuel prices!
Fuel is "the price to pay" for riding such cars. And my way of driving is very bad for efficency, I reach 17l/100km with baby ///M on 7000km, including 2000km very cool at the beginning and 1000 others on the highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon23 View Post
The photos with 3-4 ///M cars comes from power944.

I have some of these groups shots on my hard disk. I'll post a couple of photos in few minutes ...

Discretion héhé ...

Thanks for the photos Almedin ^^

It's a rather bluish grey ... very nice in real live

The current weather here doesn't allow to drive with summer wheels ... :-/

Exactly ...

About 160k $ and even more

One more time Chris, congrats

See you soon for a Chivito Sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 RSR View Post
Beautiful machine, the silver is really striking! In my experience, it is easier to drift with Summer tires. Braking and handling will be dramatically better too. A lot of fun driving ahead, have fun and be safe!

I would like to hear your insight regarding the engine sounds being replicated through the stereo.

"Big Worm" should go occupy wall street. Who are you to say how someone should or shouldn't spend money they have earned? I drove a 2003 M3 at 16 and have driven a 997 GT3 since I was 21. The M3 was spat on, peed on, and keyed. The GT3 has been keyed too. Jealousy is ugly, and communism doesn't work.
Of course it will be much better with the Michelin PSS for handling and braking. Don't really know what about drift. Easyer to lose the grip with winter tires but a bit special while drifting

Would be happy to have your precise impressions about it

Concerning sound through the stereo I answered it, we didn't hear such an artificial sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratus650 View Post
Congrats Chris ! nice collection you've got there

I was able to meet with Animah in Lausanne last july when I was at Geneve and Vaud cantons, next time i come we will meet at Ouchy for a coffee and talk about 1M's hehe