View Single Post
      05-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #57
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpresiv5
i've clocked 10k miles and went to the dealer 4 times for an oil change.

Beware some dealers do not top off the oil. I would physically watch them add the oil.
Do they not check the oil setting meter? I swear, there are only a handful of services advisors who know what an F10 M5 is and what it requires. One idiot was like oh, what year is it? Is it still in warranty? Oh, you have to pay for oil or you are the first person I heard have this problem. This is exactly what I heard today, when I went to my 'non-usual' bmw dealer for service. How high can the learning curve be to learn about an M5?

They should have an elite service team for M owners only; just like going to a first class lounge. Luckily, my service adviser at the dealer I go to most of the time is pretty seasoned with M vehicles.
They actually do have M technicians/mechanics. Which they have to take training classes on M cars. A normal 5er mechanic can't work on an M5 unless he is certified to do so. I bet some dealers just don't follow this rule.