11-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #8
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykreme View Post
No worry.

All ED car have insurance. The damage i received should have been fixed before re-delivery.

The issue i have is that they lied to me.

Here is timeline-

9/16- drop off at Frankfurt. Noted two minor damage on diffuser (i thought it was part of rear bumper). Damage was ripple above exhaust and chip.
10/30- Car arrived into VPC
11/5- All the repair and oil pump recall was done.
11/6- I called BMWNA about my car. They told me everything is done (including the damage to diffuser) and car will be released to trucking. I will get a call in 24 hours.
11/8- No call from BMW, i send email to BMW asking for status.
11/9- BMW called me back. Told me that the bumper needs to be replaced and they have problem with paint match. Basically told me that whatever they told me on 11/6 was wrong.

Basically, something happened between 11/6 and 11/8 causing my car to be held back. The main reason was that the bumper was replaced (also seen in manifest).

RPI Dave has his car damaged on 11/6 when someone backed into his M5. I am pretty sure that is my car VPC backed into RPI M5. Because on 11/6 my car was ready to go. But on 11/8, the car needs a new bumper panel.

On 11/15, i went to pick up my car. The damage on the diffuser was still there. So basically BMW tried to ping the bumper replacement onto me during ED or my dealership damaged the car again.

All i wanted was for BMW to tell me what happened on 11/6 to 11/8. Why was a car that was fixed and ready to go needs a brand new rear pumper panel? Why did my damage diffuser not repaired?

I just wanted to know what happened. Why can't BMW just tell me the truth? VPC damaged the car. As owner, I have right to know what was damaged and when. VPC manifest is not trustworthy since the bumper assembly was not replaced (if it did, then the diffuser would be replaced too).

That is why I want to get lawyer involved now. I don't know the extent of the damage occured at VPC from 11/6 to 11/8.
Bro! I feel for you! Yeah I was getting all my info from BMW Corporate about my car. They never told me exactly what happened either, but after looking over my front bumper with a fine tooth comb, everything looked normal and brand new, except for the fact that they removed my Euro license plate, so I called it good.

I don't know if you've been communicating with BMW Corporate on this, but they seemed to give me as much information as they could.

But yeah, bottom line is that they should have replaced your diffuser, no matter what happened to your rear bumper.

Appreciate 0