View Single Post
      01-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #33
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

MB has more torque but BMW has more Horsepower. The torque amount of torque is only good off the line if you can put it to the ground without breaking traction. The horsepower on the other hand is what will count as the speeds rise.

As for BMW vs MB the BMW is still more fun to drive then MB any day. The MB philosophy has always been to make luxury German Muscle cars. I can understand that philosophy and even like it to some extent. However, I prefer BMW approach of power without control is nothing attitude.

As for DTM you can cut it which ever way you want by making excuses for Audi and MB loss. Bottom line is BMW came back as the new kid on block and kicked ass to win the DTM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthartur View Post
MB always had MUCH more torque and Audi always used turbocharging and AWD. BMW was rarely fastest in the straight line, but they knew that sport car, as opposed to the race car, had to be most enjoyable, not necessarily fastest. BMW as of late are not that sharp, and MB are more fun to drive plus its torque give more usable and effortless performance.

NO! DTM cars are more or less the same. RWD, NA 4l V8. Plus with Audi's and MB's consent they changed the rules and each gave BMW one great driver to ALLOW BMW to be competitive in 2012 DTM. All for the sake of sport. I wish F1 and WRC were like that.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0