12-17-2011, 07:58 AM   #12
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFREAK View Post
I would say if I had it to do over again I would of just gone with a 5Dmk2. They are poping up used all over the place now. People are jumping to the 7D because they want faster AF. The 5D is better at ISO performance and image quality being a full frame. I would like to seel my T2i and grab a 5D at some point. The 60D is nice but you may as well go for the 7D. I pinched pennies like a moron. Now I just got a 70-200 F4L IS and the T2i or the T3i being that they are the same really, feels off balance and way nose heavy. The body is just too small for large lenses. I know a batery grip can help though.
a battery grip will make a world of difference to balance out a big lens.

and once you start getting bigger lenses then the 70-200 F4, you'll find even the bigger camera bodies start to lose balance a bit. It's just the nature of the game.

I bought my 100-400mm L series while i still owned my T1i, and it was a rediculous combination to try and find a balance on. The T2i is much more robust A battery grip was basically essential at that point. The one that really made it show the size however, was my 24-70 L put on the front. On a big camera, it looks like a normal lens. On a small camera, it looks like a freak. The big lenses just do that on any camera body where the "normal" sized L series lenses tend to make the small camera bodys stand out like a sore thumb and add comedic effect.

the nice thing however, a nice piece of glass will make the best of any camera body, no matter how silly it looks, it just may be awkward to balance in your hands. And maybe cause carpel tunnel (kidding.... i hope...)
Appreciate 0