02-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #7
AM47
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: M5,X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
My car has 750 km on it and the error message "Drivetrain. Maximum power not available. Drive moderately." happened twice now.
That happened to my wife's X5M 2011. The break in period was done properly mainly because I was too busy with work and she normally drives around town. However when I got a hold of it on a back road and put the pedal down it went into safe mode I don't remember the exact wording, was a year ago. I stopped switched the car off, the warning reset itself. I then put the gear selector to manual mode instead of drive performed the same function using the paddle shift and it did the same thing. We took it to the local dealer and they said it was a misfire in one of the cylinders and it went in to safe mode to protect itself from damage.

Subsequent to this we also had weird sounds coming from the car. We eventually, under warranty had the NAV system and CPU replaced. The brakes were also replaced under a BMW technical ticket. Since all of this the car has been great I guess we got one of the Monday cars.....

I hope this gives you some insight as the M5 shares some similar components to the X5M.
I am sure BMW will sort your car out, it is frustrating we went through it with the X5M but at least you have your F10 M5. In Canada we are still on an allocation list and can't even order it yet. I cant wait till I can order my M5
Appreciate 0