View Single Post
      01-24-2024, 02:50 AM   #1
tino04
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5 Competition

Fuel Injector Part Number help?

Hi All,

I've got a 2016 M5 Competition (which has a bit of history attached to it).

Purchased Late November 2022 and the very next day a rod sheared through the engine block leading to the Engine, Turbo's, Inlet Manifolds etc being replaced under warranty. This took approximately 3 months and I got the car back last Feb.

Undertook the running in service with BMW directly at the recommended mileage and everything was running fine.

Just after Christmas, I started getting a rough idle, leading me to think it might be plugs or a sensor issue. Got it hooked up to the computer a week or so ago at an indy and it looks like there's an issue with the injectors.

I inquired with BMW as to whether the injectors were replaced alongside everything else and they said "it doesn't look like it", which on a £40k warranty job, seemed unlikely to me - and obviously, I opted not to extend the warranty at £2.5k when it's just had it's entire innards replaced (or so I thought)

Now if we start to go down the road of replacing the Injectors - BMW OEM are c~ £240 plus VAT. 8 of them before we've started on Coils, Plugs or a Battery has me thinking there has to be a better way.

I've seen Bosch ones: https://www.autodoc.co.uk/bosch/7307952, which I think are the same as the BMW just non-branded, and yeah they're a third of the price, but I know there's some complications on EU5 vs EU6 so want to make sure I go down the right route, preferably without spending £5k

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61288.50