08-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #16
WULFFZA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i MSport / 2012 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhn2000 View Post
BMW M is challenged because I think there is another very good reason they did not want to build this car with MT - the turbo lag. In the DCT model it is not very noticeable because you are not controlling the gear engagement, a computer is. But, with the MT you feel it more, especially on the gear down (engine braking is delayed). I feel that M engineers have tried to over compensate for the turbo lag on the launch of the car so as to have immediate power, but when you try a throttle blip to rev match a deceleration, the engine is still very high strung and does not climb back down as fast as an NA car would. In a weird way its easier to rev match, but you need to get used to driving around the Turbo. I believe that this is the reason that DCT is not rev matching in the V8TT like the V8 NA in the M3 - its the nature of the engine.
Matt Russell recently mentioned that later builds (compared to his own daily which is a very early build) have a rev match feature on downshifting (like the 350Z). I don't think this is what you are referring to, but did you notice this feature. Sound's like you are just referring to revs staying high when you depress the clutch?
Appreciate 0