03-11-2014, 12:13 AM   #84
ShainoF10M5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Yeah I don't know. Maybe things have changed. I almost feel like I'm in car enthusiast prison living here on the East Coast now. But I'm determined to make the best of it. I just can't wait for Winter to be over. I want to organize some events and runs up and down the East Coast this year. I'll keep you posted.
I have to say (knock on wood) that law enforcement does not have much of a presence on the interstates in Miami. I run with several surveillance methods and a jammer and rarely get attention from LE. I'm someone who enjoys the accelleration to triple digits much more than sustained speeds over 100, and 80 seems to be perfectly fine with LE on I-95. Very high speeds in S Fl are asking for a deadly accident because of the abundance of senile or third world drivers on our roads, so I choose my high speed stretches very carefully. This past weekend, for example, we were driving back from Key West and encountered some blissfully long open stretches of bridge between the islands. I hit the speed limiter twice and could have gone much faster with very low risk of LE on the bridges. And most of you have already said this, but 150 in the F10 feels like 100 in most other cars. Erie calm, even in full sport settings.
Appreciate 0