View Single Post
      08-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #88
AttyGunther
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14 M5~11 Z435is~14 K1600GTL-E

Official F10 M5 INTERIOR Photos Thread

Today, I was fortunate to take delivery of an absolutely stunning 2014 LCI M5. It is a 40th birthday present to myself, albeit a bit early as my birthday is not until next month. Believe it or not, it was about a month and two days since I finalized the order to when the car arrived at my dealer. I had expected a bit longer, but nevertheless, I'm delighted to take delivery early. I'll at least have my 1200 mile break-in done by my birthday so I can really open it up!

A little bit about what I ordered:

2014 M5 LCI
Sakhir Orange Metallic
Sakhir Orange Full Merino Leather with Anthracite Alcantara Headliner
ZCP Competition Package (with 2TX [601M] Wheels)
ZDB Driver Assistance Plus
ZEC Executive Package
ZLP Lighting Package
6F2 Bang & Olufsen Sound System
6UK Night Vision

I skipped on the ceramic brakes and rear seat entertainment system. I'm coming from an E60 550i with Sport Package. Needless to say, the two don't compare. I haven't yet had a chance to really stretch its legs... I'll be doing that this weekend. Plus, I've got to figure out the myriad of settings and what I prefer. I did manage to snap a few pictures though. Some folks requested specific pictures, which I'm including below. And yes, there's a shot of the seat buttons!

One thing I will mention (as I did in a previous post), the Sakhir Orange is an absolutely stunning color. At the last minute, I changed from Individual Azurite Black and full black interior to SO on full SO. I wanted something bold, and I got it! As so many have said about SO, pictures just can't capture it quite right. I really was concerned it was going to be too loud of a color, not to mention too much SO. It is bold, but in a good way. I would describe it as tasteful and not in your face. It's not everyone's cup of tea, I'm sure, but I love it and that's all that counts!

As for what's next, I will be tinting the windows and maybe doing a little shopping at iND (living in the Chicago area has its benefits). Painted side markers are a given, and I'm still torn on some of the other tidbits of chrome... stay or go?

Oh, the iDrive touchpad is nice. I noticed it recognizes characters quite well and surprisingly quick. Necessary? Probably not. I can probably spin the wheel just as fast if not faster than writing in a letter. Maybe it will be more useful the more I use it. The responsiveness of the iDrive, the animations, and the functionality is vastly improved over even my E89 Z435is (and worlds apart from the E60).

The comp package exhaust is sweet, though I can't compare because it has been so long since I test drove a 2013 M5. Regardless, though, I will post more thoughts once I've had a chance to really test it out... within the confines of a proper break-in of course! I'm also excited to check out the effectiveness of the LED headlights once the sun goes down!

(In looking at these pictures, the colors are far too saturated. The conversion from Canon RAW to jpg really punched up the saturation.)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0