View Single Post
      12-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #17
star21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 en route

Both of those gains seem right around the range of a naturally aspirated engine but definitely the price is inflated. Going with a naturally aspirated route definitely is not cheap and many times will rely heavily on good product design and tuning. You can't expect the same kind of power increases as a turbocharged/supercharged engine would see as they see significantly more volume.

I think for most owners the intercooler upgrade might not even be really necessary unless they're planning to crank up the boost or do significant power adders besides standard bolt-on parts. I guess it depends on how much power you're realistically looking for, what you plan to do with that power (i.e. track or street), and of course how much $$ you have to spend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noushy View Post
Just look at the cost of the upgraded intercoolers for the N63 motor. I was thinking of adding them to my tuned X5 50i Dinan but altogether about $3000 with labor for a gain of around 15-20hp. I already have the software and Dinan exhaust and this thing is a beast. I have not decided what tune for my F13 M6 but am waiting to see what Dinan has coming up. They have a program for the X5/X6M S63 engines so I am assuming they will for the S63tu. Only time will tell. And yes they will be expensive. I had all the Dinan mods for my E64 M6 and other than the stroker motor, the parts and labor were in the $15000 range for a gain of 60hp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwMcrzy View Post
DINAN has never been a baragain and never will be.

They charge $8000 for headers for the E39 M5, good for 30 hp only lol
Appreciate 0